Where to buy Charvel Pro-Mod parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy Charvel Pro-Mod parts

I don't understand why it's so difficult to buy Charvel hardware. I mean, Charvel (or more accurately Fender) makes hardware for their guitars. Aren't there part numbers for the various parts on these guitars...and if so, why wouldn't they be available if you wanted to order them. I've gone to Charvel's website, Jackson's website, Fender's website...as well as a few third party guitar parts sites..and of course ebay..and I just can't find what I'm looking for.

I saw a chrome switch knob on a custom Charvel..and I've been kinda going with the chrome theme on one of mine. I really dug that they took the standard black knob and chromed it (for whatever reason, I really like these particular knobs)

On that note, I'm sure there are other things that I would like to buy, provided part numbers (and an online seller/store) was available.

Anyone have any ideas. This is driving me crazy.
    Thanks
    Todd M

http://www.gpdusa.com/Switch_Knobs-3...Cap_Metal.html

Comment

Thanks bro...I actually already saw that one. I've ordered quite a few things from GPD...they've got a good site.
      Problem is, I'm looking for the actual Charvel part.
      Finding OEM parts for these things is exhausting!
      Thanks again
      Todd M

Comment

reliablefender on eBay seems to have just about all promod parts covered, but it's the standard stuff, so I doubt he'll have chrome switch tips or anything else non-standard. Here's his current Charvel inventory:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?LH_Speci...4.l1513&_pgn=1

I agree that it'd be nice to be able to get OEM parts that they use on CS, USA Select, and even import stuff, but they just don't do it.

Comment

Where do all these unused Pro Mod parts come from? Is it new guitars that people part out to make money or are so many damaged in transit?
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Guitars that haven't sold at retail are liquidated and then parted out.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

The San Dimas imports have chrome hardware, so they should have a chrome switch tip. You'd have to buy the whole switch though, for what, $20?

You can actually take the black off if you're careful. It's chrome under the black, then zinc (IIRC) and then it's brass.

Comment

@Grandturk, thanks.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                X