San Dimas Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Pics

Well, it was a cold day and I stayed home sick from work, so why not head up to the frigid roof and take some pics? Don't worry - I didn't hang any off the ledge this time!

San Dimas Style 1 - Mike Learn HRF flames

You've seen this one before, but I finally got some out in the light of day (one year later). This way - no more cracks about the cracks in my walls (still unpainted).

I like this one because you can see how dirty the board is. Main player, this one.

And this one you can see the pick swirls.

Back of the body

San Dimas Wild Card - Fiesta Red 1H - Don't see too many pics of these. I've got a cream Duncan Custom in this one.

Grovers with old Gotoh knobs on it. Got a set of Jackson Gotoh's I need to put on next string change (and gotta drill some holes!!!)

-------------------------
    Blank yo!

Both look great. Nice call on the double-cream in the Fiesta.

Comment

Great pics!!! Love the HRF!!! Beautiful!
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Nice HRF! Liking the dirty maple board. Now is that a Roomba that the guitar is sitting on?
        http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

Your Fiesta Red looks much more red than mine! which looks more like salmon...
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It definately varies based on the background lighting. My wife thinks it's orange. I saw one in the store that looked really pale - but it was probably just the lights. Its definately a candidate for a refin. I'm thinking white with red/orange HRF or Fiesta Red with White/Orange HRF.
            Blank yo!

Comment

I think red is typically the most difficult color to "survive" the journey from digital camera software -> computer monitor.
              But very nice pics. I like the non-flash the best. And the San Dimas Wild Card is cool! Did the model come with a brass volume knob?
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

No - both brass knobs are aftermarket.
                Blank yo!

Comment

Finally got to to see full shots of the HRF Charvel in 'daylight' w/o your apt walls as a background. Very nice work Mr. Learn.

Dude, it was like 25°F today. Didn't it affect the neck and wood going in/out of the apt. I would've been afraid the finish would crack from swelling/shrinking.

And perhaps you should've used this time-off to prep and paint your apt walls. Hehehe. Kidding GT!

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                    Dude, it was like 25°F today. Didn't it affect the neck and wood going in/out of the apt. I would've been afraid the finish would crack from swelling/shrinking.
                    It was cold. And it was insanely windy 28 stories up.

As far as old weather effects on guitars - don't get me started.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      No - both brass knobs are aftermarket.
                      Where'd you get them?

I've found one place I can't remember the name of that does natural brass knobs. I guess I could order some from my Charvel dealer as "replacements." :think:

Comment

Bhxmusic.com
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Ah, that's cool. I wonder where he gets his...

I've de-plated a few and got some decent results but they are either the wrong size (stewmac dome knobs are smaller, Allparts tele knobs are bigger) or the knurling is wrong (Allparts dome knob, it's way heavier.)

Switch tips I've got down pretty well.

Comment

I cant speak for BHX music but I do have a source for the knobs. They are manufactured in house as well as all the other brass that is ordered by FMIC. BHX knobs look like the ones I have. I am happy with the ones I get from the manufacturer.
                            http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

I have the exact same red Wildcard!!!!!!! Nice! http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/222/img5443du.jpg/

Comment

Working...
                              X