MZ Liquidates Grover Legacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MZ Liquidates Grover Legacies

Spatters & a couple of Spiral Checkerboard stars. Looks like all v-trems except for 2 floyded Legacy IIIs (for now).

http://www.themusiczoo.com/category/...arvel-Guitars/

Yeah. There was a brief discussion on this board about how the Legacy series didn't 'perform' well sales-wise. They had these huge list prices for something that was just kinda cool. I was able to get a pink spider-web master built and relic'd at almost 'cost' (from a west coast dealer) because of the slump in sales of them. Wish I had the scratch and the room to pick another up.

TMZ has to make room for their "Black Series" which is coming in soon.

Comment

How funny. I was just looking at their website yesterday, thinking why do they have so many of these blood splatters in stock? They really thought they were going to be huge sellers? I guess it didn't turn out that way.
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

See you at $999
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

BUWAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shit.... those v trems are WAY overpriced at 1500. the floyd ones are worth about $1000 just like grand turk said. I dont care what you say, they are just plain guitars. no binding, no sharks, no pearl inlays, no tone control..... just blagh...... not worth 3K by a long shot. not even at 1500.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I kinda wanted one with a Floyd, but the nut width is 1 & 3/4" and the Floyd posts go straight into the body old-school style! I guess I could deal with the larger nut width, but the old Floyd posts?!? No, sir!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              See you at $999
              From your mouth to Tommy's ears. Hopefully we'll get some sweet deals out of TMZ. I wouldn't mind paying sales tax if I could get one for under $1k.

Comment

Amazing how many of them have been hanging on the wall over there.

Comment

What is the TMZ Black Series?

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                    From your mouth to Tommy's ears. Hopefully we'll get some sweet deals out of TMZ. I wouldn't mind paying sales tax if I could get one for under $1k.
                    make them an offer. they have a shitload of them, they might jump at your offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                      What is the TMZ Black Series?
                      Here's a linky.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/blog/2011...vels-are-back/

Comment

Only 21 frets, Old style trem posts and just boring splatter paint. Id be hesitant at $1000
                        This space for rent

Comment

I think its funny how an original Blood Spatter with the same specs as these MZ ones will EASILY bring in a bunch of coin. BUT.....that is only for a few select buyers ...maybe 250 tops, worldwide...we know who they are..the old school Charvel collectors.

Here comes some deep pocketed music store owners thinking "OH HELL YEAH, we've seen these Blood spatter Charvels with Vtrems going for OVER 3k!!! USED!!! on Ebay...we are gonna make so much on these!!"

Whoops ...that boat sailed about 8 years ago, when the strathead Charvels were few and far between. If they had managed to pull this run off then, and sold them @ 1500 I am willing to bet they would have sold MORE than their fair share. Now however, they are just store decorations.
                          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

and you fellas are correct, the deal breaker is the old school floyd posts. I would never buy them on that alone. I hate those damn things.

Comment

The only one I would consider in that batch is the 2H candy cane, and even that if it went down to 999.

I wish them good luck anyway, they've got 40 legacy guitars stuck there at 1499 each, it won't be easy to get rid of them...

Comment

Working...
                              X