1985 Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 Charvel

I found this sweet Charvel at a Music Go Round by my house. They said they'd be willing to go down to $850 for it in the store. Check out the pics of it...Anybody know more about this particular model?

Also check out the cracks in the neck...you think this could be a problem eventually?

http://picasaweb.google.com/mgrrosev...57038150516290

thanks!

I recall seeing this one go unsold up on the bay. Those cracks really do shatter the value (no pun intended).

Comment

Agreed. On the bay with no sale. I wouldn't go north of $500 on it. You should try and low-ball them.

Comment

Too bad too, that one has character!

Comment

yeah...they have it on Ebay as well...

The cracks scared me...I won't be buying it. But I do like the looks of it. It is a shame.

thanks!

Comment

Those look bad
            This space for rent

Comment

Yeah those cracks look pretty bad, like the guitar was dropped on it's headstock or something. Personally there's no way i would pay $850 for a guitar damaged to that extent.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

The cracks can be repaired, but I agree... it's not worth more than $500 tops.
                Don't get me started on the Kahler.
                -Rick

Comment

Judging from the name of the album, you must be in the Cities.

Too bad about the cracks...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
                    Judging from the name of the album, you must be in the Cities.

Too bad about the cracks...
                    Mark,

Yep..I'm in Roseville. Where are you at?

Comment

Hey-

I am up in Rogers...

Comment

That guitar had a wonderbar on it as you can see by the extra holes around the Kahler. Its not worth what they are asking Graphic or Not. Been bastardized!
                        http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

$750 would be my price.

Comment

It's a great guitar. I played it last Friday. I was also there when the owner received it probably 10-11 years ago. He gigged it with that "broken" neck for years, and it has been rock solid. It's also on consignment so quit bitching about the store. They're great guys to deal with.

Nice Monday morning quarterbacking though.
                            Last edited by chrisolson; 02-10-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

It's a cool guitar for sure.. If you are NOT a Charvel snob and you are jonesing for a San Dimas era Charvel then I say go for it.
                              I still feel the best PLAYING Charvel necks of all time are the original pointies.. Trem-tricks are dated so the Kahler is more stable when resting our hand on it cuz who needs a bar these days? AND it's a graphic Charvel o boot...

With that said, you will not get your money out of it if you don't bond with it.. This guitar has been for sale for a LONG time and has been sold more then once in the last year or two and It never reached the $850 price tag,,
                              John 3:16

Comment

Working...
                              X