Warning...Strat knobs don't fit a stock Charvel Pro Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning...Strat knobs don't fit a stock Charvel Pro Mod

Hey guys...as usual, I decided to fuck with one of my Charvels...even when it was completely unnecessary. I was looking at my Telly (white with the black pickguard) and thought I'd like a Strat knob on there. Just so happened I just sold one of my Strats, and had a bunch of leftover knobs in the drawer. So I looked at the Charvel volume knob and compared it to the Strat knob...the hole 'looked' like it would fit It was a bit tight, but I just figured it was like any Strat pot...it would eventually push on there if I gave it enough of a nudge.

No such luck! Before I know it, the whole thing pushed right into the body...needless to say, I destroyed the pot. Here's the end result:

At the end of the day, my guitar tech installed a new one for me for next to nothing. He installed a standard Strat pot...which had me a little worried I'd be losing (or changing) the tone of this guitar....which I absolutely love. In the end, it still sounds great (no noticeable change in sound), and now I have my Strat knob on there. Personally, I think it looks better...and I typically prefer those knobs to any other. So I'll keep it on there a while. Anyway...here's how it turned out. Of my three Charvel Pro-Mods, this one is still my favorite. I'd consider selling one of my others...but this was my first...it sounds better than the strats..and I have an emotional attachment to it..unlike the other two. Let me know what you think: (oh..and by the way..of course, I had to change the pickup selector switch knob as well...with a standard Gibbie style)

Todd M

Stop GAS OMG. I love teles but didn't like the mod 2s because of the Strat headstock on a tele body but that is pure sex.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Yuck!

Nah, j/k! Looks great! Except for that whole tele-body!
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Great looking guitar. The addition of the pickguard makes her much classier.

Comment

With the pickguard it looks like a Jim Root tele....I like it. Cool knob sorry you had to find out the hard way...
          http://www.guitarmaven.net

Comment

I like it! Gives me ideas for how I`m gonna molest mine...

Look out for us "crazy people"

Comment

Working...
            X