Pro-Mod rebuild/rebirth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-Mod rebuild/rebirth

This started out as just a neck for a project but I kept finding deals on part-outs and now here it is. Other than an OFR and a Custom 5 in the bridge, it's pretty much how it came (other than the parts being from different guitars). I don't mind the Grover tuners that much, it's just the knobs that look goofy in my opinion. The buttons off of some old Jackson logo Gotoh's fit perfectly and look allot better. And no, I didn't pay more than I would have if bought new, I actually did really well. On with the pics.

Last edited by plon; 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM.

Very nice man! great job!

Comment

Looks just like a USA ProMod...

OK

Comment

Very cool! I did the same with the Grovers on one of mine - just replaced the knobs with some old Gotoh knobs. I noticed that new Gotoh knobs do not fit, however - so buyer beware.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah it's just a USA pro mod, nothing fucking special, but I have yet to see anyone post one of parts from the ebay hackers, plus I wanted to share the tuner peg mod since allot of people dislike the Grovers.

Comment

Yeah, I tried a few sets of Gotoh tuner knobs on mine before I gave up and just re-drilled it for Schallers.

The Schaller knobs fit, but... I had the Schallers then.

Mine is parts from two different ProMods I've owned with an OFR as well, and a mutted Duncan bridge pickup (JB with a ceramic magnet). It's a good beater.

Comment

I miss my Slime Green!! I dig the tuner heads better too.

Comment

Originally posted by plon View Post
                plus I wanted to share the tuner peg mod since allot of people dislike the Grovers.
                Here's the thread where I showed the ones I did:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/102...=1#post1314356
                Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  Here's the thread where I showed the ones I did:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/102...=1#post1314356
                  I don't know how I missed that thread. Well I guess great minds think alike

Comment

Blank yo!

Comment

Great job!!!!

Comment

I hate green guitars. That being said: That is one sexy bitch! I am currently looking into getting a Charvel So Cal myself. If I can find a USA I will probably buy one of those.
                        I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

That looks great--perfect actually. Wish I knew the difference between a USA Promod and a So Cal. I might have to pick up a Charvel at some point.

Comment

Oh that Green is super Sexy!!!

sigpic
                            Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                              That looks great--perfect actually. Wish I knew the difference between a USA Promod and a So Cal. I might have to pick up a Charvel at some point.
                              What people call a "USA Pro Mod" is the San Dimas Style 1 (rear-route Strat) or Style 2 (rear-route Tele) or the So Cal (front route/pickguard Strat) and they will say "Made in USA" under the Charvel logo.

The Japanese So Cal is almost exactly like the USA So Cal. The Japanese San Dimas is different from its USA counterpart because it got direct mount pickups and chrome hardware. I think that's about it... :think:

Comment

Working...
                              X