2005 Pointy Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Pointy Head

Are the neck pockets on the 2005 Pointies angled like the production models?

No. I have three now and I have had sevral others. They varied from almost no angle to a little less then the USA Pro Mods. I have one that I bought new and it came with a shimmed neck from the factory (a couple of pieces of index card at the back of the pocket). I was lucky enough to be invited to the CS for a repair since I live a short distance away. Mike Shannon actually took the guitar and worked his mojo on it. It now as some angle and is my #1. One thing I can tell you about the pointies is they used much better body wood. A simple tap to the bodies reveals much more resonance the the Pro Mods of which I own a couple.

Comment

I just got a perfect condition white h/s/s with an ebony board.It's way better quality than the production model I have but I like the neck on the pro mod better.The German Floyd is definately 100 times better than the Korean but wish I could pull up 1 step.Maybe I can compare the 2 and angle the pocket myself.

Comment

Just shim the neck with a piece of business card. That will give you plenty of angle to yank the Floyd back.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

ive been after one like that for some time, great score ironworker!

Comment

Originally posted by ironworker221 View Post
            The German Floyd is ...100 times better
            har har har
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X