Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little help on a used pointy head please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help on a used pointy head please.

I found a listing for a USA Charvel at a small local music store. The guys says that it is a USA Charvel, with Schaller Floyd Rose, locking nut and locking tuners. It has a sustainer in the neck, so I am willing to bet it is replacement electroincs. HH pickups in a pickguard, from the pictures it looks like a marble colored/patterned pickguard. Flamed maple top, with a green to black burst. He thinks everything other than the pickups are original. He hasn't gotten me the serial number yet, from the pictures it looks to be in good condition and he says that it has the original case. If it turns out to be in good condition, what would be a fair price.

500 - 1000 ?

Need ser #
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Serial # 232136, owner says that it is Ft. Worth, Texas. I should have included in the first post that it is a Strat style body. I wish I could offer more information, but he sent me only one picture, and says he's too busy running a 1 man shop to take them this time of year. I tried looking for the resources section to see if I could track anything down myself, but couldn't find it. If anyone can point me towards it would be great.

Would the Schaller be original for a Charvel or would that be a replacement?

Comment

Ft. Worth neck plate is a MIJ Charvel. Most likely a model series of sometype. They came with either a Kahler or a JT6. As for which model it is I don't know. HH in a pickguard. 3A maybe?
        Try here: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/char...rt-guitars.php
        I would think it has been modded as they came with a Kahler fulcrum trem (3A w/HH pickguard) or it could be a mutt.
        Last edited by Scooter; 12-10-2010, 07:46 PM.
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Working...
        X