SRV and Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRV and Charvel?

One of my long time customers is in the shop and he's telling me that Stevie Ray Vaughan played a white Charvel in 1980 with lipstick tube style pickups at a festival in Germany called "Rock Blast". Says he saw the concert on TV recently.

You guys know anything about SRV playing a Charvel?
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Maybe he is confusing Charvel for Chandler? Also, it is Rockplast or something like that...

Comment

Hard to tell if it's a Charvel for me or not...

God bless youtube.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The guy is kind of a space shot, so it certainly could have been a Chandler. Rock Blast... Rock Palast... Charvel... Chandler...
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

later on in the vid you get a sort of decent look at the headstock and it does appear it could be a Charvel logo.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I know he had at least one Charvel neck. Not sure whether he had any all-Charvel guitars or not.

Comment

SRV's white strat was a custom build i think.

it was ,this is from wiki
              "Charley was a white custom-made "Stratocaster-style" guitar built by Charley Wirz, a friend of Vaughan's and owner of Charley's Guitar Shop in Dallas. Wirz built it in late 1983, and placed a neck plate on it engraved "To Stevie Ray Vaughan, more in '84". It had three Danelectro Lipstick pickups. This guitar often was used during "Life Without You", which was itself said to be written as a tribute to Charley Wirz.

Comment

The instrument museum at NAMM headquarters in Carlsbad had a Jackson Dinky in the display case that was supposedly SRV's.
                It was right next to one of Steve Vai's early Gems.
                I have a pic of it somewhere.
                -Rick

Comment

It was Charley....the headstock even had the Charley's guitar shop logo on it.
                  Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Lets make a new Rumor. Before it was even designed, SRV was the first player to own and play a BC Rich Warlock. Only no one has any footage of this, but theres a museum somewhere that has a warlock in his showcase, so it must be true.

Seriously guys, It's really confusing this whole mess. I know that the only guitars that truly made a significant note on his albums are his Fender Strats. Starting with his beater that he acquired in a pawn shop trade

Comment

Wide dots, rounded fretboard heel.
                      I :think: not.
                      Models
                      The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                      I dont need furniture.
                      If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                      If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                      And rock that sucker.

Comment

Right up there with Gilmore's #1 fitted with a Charvel neck.

Wait...

http://www.jcfonline.com/archive/index.php/t-80803.html

Comment

The one I know of for sure is that he put a Charvel neck on "Lenny" and put a Fender logo on the headstock. The neck came from Billy Gibbons.

Eldred mentions it here:

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/article...s-lenny-guitar

Comment

Good one dg.
                            I knew that...got lost in the webz.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                              The one I know of for sure is that he put a Charvel neck on "Lenny" and put a Fender logo on the headstock. The neck came from Billy Gibbons.

Eldred mentions it here:

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/article...s-lenny-guitar
                              Thanks for the article. I love reading little stories like that.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X