Where are all the Green Meanies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the Green Meanies?

So there was all this speculation that when Charvel puts out a Slime Green Socal everyone and their gramma was going to be converting them into Green Meanie replicas. To date - I've seen ZERO.

So what's up with that?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

What I'm really saying is - somebody better do it or I'm going to have to!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Steve Vai just isn't that cool. :dunno:

Comment

The Green Meanie is an ugly hunk o shit?

I like EL34s.

Comment

doesn't Wayne already make a green meanie replica?

Comment

Yeah those mods he did to the original Charvel were really lame. You'd have to really be a fanboy.

Comment

Hmmm...time to start a thread about strats to take the heat off of GT

Comment

I think the Green Meanie is cool .... Probably the only thing I would do differently is not have the strange arm rest thingy that rests above the pickups.
                www.vendetta-theband.com
                www.atomhawk.com

Comment

I think Dweezil's Green Charvel was cooler.....

Comment

Probably because everyone cried like babies about it "NOOOO! Don't mod a USA Charvel!!!! It's BLASPHEMY!" followed quickly by other arguments like "Meh, do it if you want, it's not a REAL Charvel because it wasn't made in San Dimas by Mike Shannon eating Ramen noodles while Grover was sweeping up sawdust like what happened when Vai's was made."

So yeah, you go right ahead and scallop the inside of the lower horn for better fret access and dig out a recess for the Floyd. Just get ready for the "I told ya so".
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      P...followed quickly by other arguments like "Meh, do it if you want, it's not a REAL Charvel because it wasn't made in San Dimas by Mike Shannon eating Ramen noodles while Grover was sweeping up sawdust like what happened when Vai's was made."...
                      What flavor of Ramen noodles? If I make a replica some day, I want to get the details exactly right.

(I do agree with you, Newc. There will be some naysayers but hopefully there would be some people who would appreciate a well-done replica even if the builder wasn't eating the right flavor of Ramen noodles while working on it.)
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by legend71 View Post
                        I think Dweezil's Green Charvel was cooler.....
                        ^^^

Dweezil had some sweet C/J's. The Madonna Jackson was pretty badass as well.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

When I get around to it I'm going to put a white guard on mine with a H-S-H setup, V/T, and a 5 way, for a little more tonal flexability & a bit of Vai vibe. No pink & blue pickups, sorry.

I thought that Vai's Charvel looked cool early on before he started plastering it with decals, arm rests and the hacked out trem rout.

Comment

I didn't make a "Green Meanie" out of mine, but I did buy a Slime Green Pro Mod body on eBay a while ago real cheap and made this out of it:

100% Charvel spanning 20 years!

2009 Charvel Pro Mode Slime Green Body
                            1989 Charvel Neck (from a Model 375) + all hardware
                            Schaller Floyd Rose, Dimarzio Super Distortion pickups
                            Guitars:
                            Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                            1988 Model 2,
                            Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                            RR3
                            Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                            2005 SG Special

Comment

Here's one: not mine, btw

Comment

Working...