NYC guitar stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC guitar stores

Hi all...hopping over the pond to see Roger Waters do "The Wall" at Madison Square Garden next week. Hoping to do some guitar shopping while I'm there. Any recommendations of stores to visit? Haven't been to NYC since '92 and know it's changed a bit, i.e. Manny's has gone but Guitar Center has arrived ....thanks very much for any tips and advice.

There was a thread about this in the "non J/C talk" area a few weeks ago. Try searching there.

Comment

Music Zoo in Brooklyn

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
        Music Zoo in Brooklyn
        The Music Zoo is in Queens on Northern Blvd a block from the Nassau County boarder. Great store. Been there many times. Lots of Great Gibson, Fenders Charvels, etc. Small shop in relation to the stock they have. Definitely worth the trip.
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

I stand corrected! I have bought several guitars from those guy's. Great Prices and service.

Comment

48th street is still there. Manny's is now owned by Sam Ash, and Rudy's is still there (I think). Then you can hop on the downtown train and visit Guitar Center on 14th street. After, have a yummy brew and burger from Heartland Brewery, on 17th (I think) in Union Square!
            '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
            '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
            '98 PRS Custom 22
            '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

You may also want to check out 30th St guitars, just around the corner from the MSG main entrance. Mainly vintage and semi-vintage pieces, no Charvels though.
              Rudy's also opened a store on Grand St in Soho, lots of mega-expensive archtops and acoustics. Matt Umanov on Bleecker St is also a good place, mostly Fender Custom Shop, a few very nice old Martin's and some PRS and Gibson.
              Then if you have time go to Mandolin Bros on Staten Island, It's mostly acoustics and archtops, but it's a great experience and the staff are genuinely friendly.

Comment

Thanks for all the great info guys, really appreciate it. If anyone would like to add some venues/bars to hear some great music in NYC, feel free!

Comment

Working...
                X