Ms. Purple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms. Purple

Got this one on ebay and she came in the mail today. I can't see why the style 2 never caught on. It has fantastic tone and playability. Here are some pics before the modifications start. I'm putting a duncan TB-11 in the bridge, a Dimarzio YJM single in the neck and thinking of using a gold gotoh floyd. Also putting the clapton active tone circuit in.-

I don't get it either, I just got a Style 2 and a Style 1 and the 2 sounds much better. I put a TB-11 in mine also, sounds great.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
      I can't see why the style 2 never caught on.
      Because it has a Tele-style body and people like strat-style bodies...

Nice looking guitar btw.

Comment

I can't see why the style 2 never caught on.
        Oh it did....in the parts for sale market on ebay

Comment

great pics...cool Charvel...congrats and enjoy
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

The poor hosta

Nice plum color.
            Scott

Comment

I've got one too and still can't get over the color. Its inspired me to build an arsenal of pink & purple guitars.

Comment

Out of the 6 promods I have owned, the Style 2 sounded the best.

Are you adding a pickguard in order to do the YJM in the neck?

Comment

Yeah, what's the plan for the YJM?
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I bought one of those humbucker to single conversion rings to use the yjm.

Comment

wowowow, nice guitar ! me loves purple and +1 for the golden floyd. definitely want your "first impressions" after all the modding AND PICS ^^

Comment

Is the schaller floyd a good drop in replacement? I found these on ebay-
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3069wt_907

Comment

Nice Tele. Like the purple color. been looking at these and may have to pull the cord on one.

CHUCK
                          CHUCK

Comment

I ran into a little snag with the YJM. The pickup conversion ring wouldn't line up so I had to use another pup. I took the original Duncan 59' that came stock and did a Alnico 2 magnet swap. I also think I'm going to do a silver floyd instead of the gold.

Comment

I ran into a little snag with the YJM. The pickup conversion ring wouldn't line up so I had to use another pup. I took the original Duncan 59' that came stock and did a Alnico 2 magnet swap. I also think I'm going to do a silver floyd instead of the gold.
                              Do the gold.
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                              X