So cal pickguard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So cal pickguard?

Hi guys, Sorry to do this but I am getting no where with the search function.. Can you please tell me where to order proper replacement pickguards for the so cal pro mods? I need to styles.. One hum/hum like the original.. and a Hum/single/hum 3 holes for pots and a 5 way blade switch.. Thanks for your help..

Warmoth sells many different kinds, but I think a little bit of pickguard material must be removed around the neck for a proper fit.

Comment

The Warmoth pickguards fit the SoCal well with the exception of the part around the neck pocket. You'll need to sand just a little bit (sandpaper wrapped around a pencil) to widen the neck pocket cutout on the pickguard to fit the slightly wider neck width of the Charvel. Mounting holes line up perfect. The only other issue is the location of the volume pot hole. Order it from Warmoth without that hole drilled -- it doesn't cost any more to request it that way. Then, just drill it yourself. The stock Warmoth location puts that hole too close to the edge of the control cavity route, and it's tough to get a standard pot to fit.

Comment

Ok cool.. Hard to believe no one makes a direct replacement yet.. I wrote to a bunch of pickguard makers and heard back from 2 today that want me to send the pickguard in etc.. My other problem aside from the volume hole is I want to add a 5 way slider style switch.. Im thinking that may be tricky to cut myself..
        anyone else have any other ideas? I thought i read that someone on here was making them as well? Thanks for the info!

Comment

Check out JCF member, Sully. I'm almost 100% certain that he makes direct replacements.
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Thank you! I contacted him and he is taking care of me!
            Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
            Check out JCF member, Sully. I'm almost 100% certain that he makes direct replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by thedarkone101 View Post
              Thank you! I contacted him and he is taking care of me!
              Good to hear, Sully is a good dude.
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
              X