Floyd Upgraded on San Dimas Style 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Upgraded on San Dimas Style 2

I ordered a brass 42mm L block, brass claw and trem stopper from Floyd Upgrades. I love the way this guitar plays but that tinny hollow sound left a lot to be desired ( I prefer a little fatter tone). I installed the parts today and I am satisfied with the results. The guitar is louder acoustically but not hollow and thin sounding. Plugged in it growls, sustain is better and overall a smoother yet hotter tone. I would recommend the same mods to any Floyd equipped guitar.

Here are some pictures:

Old/stock block on the left.

Side by side.

Last edited by satch0922; 10-24-2010, 08:35 AM.

Interesting. I've never seen a 40mm block. I thought there was only 32, 37 and 42.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a hard time telling the difference. My SL2H sounded awesome before and after the big block.

Maybe on a shitty guitar it would make a bigger difference

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Interesting. I've never seen a 40mm block. I thought there was only 32, 37 and 42.
        Yeah the later ProMods came with the 40mm blocks.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I also installed a Brass big block (42mm) on my San Dimas type 2.
          THe sustain and tone is a lot fuller and a definite improvement.

I have also done the same on my Peavey HP Special and for some reason this was even more beneficial!

Comment

I corrected my original post. The replacement is a 42mm "L" block. The stocker was 40mm.

Comment

Is there clearance for the 42mm in the back for the cavity cover to still be put on?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yes

Comment

I wrote to Adam at fu.com and asked which L block to use on my Charvel Promods (I've upgraded all three)...and he told me to use the 37...so that's what I have in mine...Not sure if there is a correct one when I'm seeing different sizes here...the 37s worked fine in my guitars..hmmm
                  Todd M

Comment

You are right, there is no "correct" size as they all will fit.. The 42 mm L block fits fine as well. I have the big block on all of mine..
                    Originally posted by veniculum View Post
                    I wrote to Adam at fu.com and asked which L block to use on my Charvel Promods (I've upgraded all three)...and he told me to use the 37...so that's what I have in mine...Not sure if there is a correct one when I'm seeing different sizes here...the 37s worked fine in my guitars..hmmm

Comment

Here is a link to some videos on the FU site that help explain how to measure, install etc.. http://floydupgrades.com/catalog/ind...age=page&id=35 Hope that Helps..
                      Originally posted by thedarkone101 View Post
                      You are right, there is no "correct" size as they all will fit.. The 42 mm L block fits fine as well. I have the big block on all of mine..

Comment

Working...
                      X