Charvel Naturals from the Music Zoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Naturals from the Music Zoo

How many pieces of wood are the bodies made out of?

Depends. You can see them on the Music Zoo site. On some there are seams, on others there are not.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Likely two.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

I honestly can't see a seam on my Mahogany one.

Comment

They're all 2-piece bodies.

Comment

I found it to have a really great sound quality to it , the neck just smokes. Some of my friends find the look of mine to be too plain looking because of the natural wood color compared to all the wicked painted USA Charvels out there. Then I plug it in.

Comment

Originally posted by axmann View Post
              I found it to have a really great sound quality to it , the neck just smokes. Some of my friends find the look of mine to be too plain looking because of the natural wood color compared to all the wicked painted USA Charvels out there. Then I plug it in.
              Amen to that!

To me, the bare wood says, "stripped-down hotrod". While I like great finishes (graphic or otherwise), I think wood can look great on its own.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Love my koa natural. The neck is amazing indeed.

Comment

Are the necks and fingerboards also one piece like the new USA Charvels?
                  Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby8 View Post
                    Are the necks and fingerboards also one piece like the new USA Charvels?
                    Believe so. Can confirm when I get home tonight.

Comment

They didn't have any koa's when I bought mine. But I found a mahogany one that really shimmers in the light depending on the angle you look at it. The grain is really nice and isn't plain looking at all (atleast to me). It plays like a gem.I have a Floyd, with a hum bridge and single neck. The neck contour is different to other Charvels I have played. Must be to their specs, and it works well for me. Its hard not to smile everytime I plug in. Thats my rating system.

Comment

Greetings. I haven't visited here much, but since I just became the proud owner of C8776 I thought I'd say hi. It's a Koa Natural, SH5/'59.

The guitar was purchased from MZ in August, spent 3 months holed up at a friend's warehouse in NYC. From there it traveled to LA (NAMM Show) where it was picked up by another friend and flown back to Australia yesterday. Lot's of environment and severe climate changes. I had to take the neck off and give it a tweak to flatten it out (10 mins work), but other than that, it's a dream to play and I love it.

Burgs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/burgerman666
                        Last edited by Burger666; 01-20-2011, 08:04 PM. Reason: correction
                        Burgerman666 Pedal Demo Channel. That would be me.

Comment

Awesome! Great story!
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            Awesome! Great story!
                            Haha. Yeah, I'm pretty happy. I'm also open to tips and advice regarding these instruments if there are any to be had. But I'll have a good scope around here so as not to annoy you guys. I've got some high gain pedals to shoot for the YouTube channel shortly so I reckon this will be the axe of choice for said project.
                            Burgerman666 Pedal Demo Channel. That would be me.

Comment

If I ever buy a Charvel, it's going to be one of those naturals. They're so beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                              X