Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get a copy of the work order for my guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get a copy of the work order for my guitar?

I have a Charvel San Dimas from 1985 (no. 4976). I purchased it brand new and so I can vouch for the authenticity of it, but people have been asking me if I have the paperwork and I don't have it. Is there any way that the factory would send me the original work order?

Not really no. That service stopped a good long time ago...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The work order number is on the neck heel and neck pocket look there.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

How much would you be willing to pay for such a report?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Aha, so that's what the number on the neck heel is. I wondered why it didn't match the serial number on the plate. Thanks straycat!!

Comment

Work order number is different from the serial number.Body and neck should match.
            Glad I helped some.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Work order numbers on neck & body often don't match exactly, but they're usually in the same ballpark. Sometimes the mark on the body will be somewhere besides the neck pocket, like under the Kahler if it has one.

Comment

whats up someone trying to tell ya its worth less without the paper work? well maybe? (but less then what?)
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  Work order number is different from the serial number.Body and neck should match.
                  Glad I helped some.
                  Thanks. Sent you a PM, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    Work order numbers on neck & body often don't match exactly, but they're usually in the same ballpark. Sometimes the mark on the body will be somewhere besides the neck pocket, like under the Kahler if it has one.
                    I opened up my neck pocket for the first time ever (owned this guitar since I got it new in 1985), and I noticed the initials M.E. Is this Mike Eldridge?

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                      whats up someone trying to tell ya its worth less without the paper work? well maybe? (but less then what?)
                      I guess people are curious as to the originality of my instrument. I wish I had the work order - my guitar is stock to the bone. My original paperwork would only be my receipt from the store and the warranty card though. I'm gonna go through my stuff again and find that warranty card.

Comment

"ME" is most likely Mike Eldred. I wouldn't sweat the paperwork thing too much.

Comment

Working...
                        X