Replacing hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing hardware

I'm going to replace the hardware on one of my promods and need some advice. Do you guys know which replacement tuners and Floyd will look, fit and work the best? I'd rather not drill any new holes for the tuners if possible. Is there a better place than Stewmac to get these things? I know Carvin sells Floyds too. I'm just not sure of the difference in the various Floyds out there. I just want one that is solid and stays in tune. I wore the original one out. Thanks.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

The only tuners you'll find that you won't have to drill for are more Grover Mini Rotomatics.

Lots of places have Original Floyd Rose tremolos. I wouldn't mess with the "other" ones especially if you want a direct retrofit. Expect to pay about $175 for black or chrome, $200 for gold. Warmoth, prorockgear.com, guitarpartsdepot.com are places I've used. You'll want the 37mm (40 mm if you can get it) block if you are offered the option, if you aren't offered the option, it comes with the 37mm at any of the places I mentioned.

Comment

How did you wear the floyd out that quick?
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        How did you wear the floyd out that quick?
        I was playing out with that guitar a lot. Those Floyds are ok but not nearly as sturdy as the originals. I know there's been several debates about this on the board. For me, they're just not the same.

Do you know the nut size on these?
        Last edited by MikeStrat; 09-06-2010, 10:34 AM.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

R3 nut.

Comment

Working...
          X