Performance Vs. Charvel Warren SD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Vs. Charvel Warren SD?

Someone wants to trade me a performance Warren DiMartini for my Wolfgang. I was wondering how it compares to the Charvel version. Is it the same guitar? Any differences besides the name on the headstock? Quality? Components? Any help would be appreciated.

I say do it I think the Performance quality is solid..as far as the differences? pretty sure the Performance has a 1 5/8 nut and a beefier neck...

Comment

Never played one but I hear they are great guitars. Is it one of the bomber or blood drip Performance models? If so, they only made 20 of each iirc and they originally sold for over $3k. Check out their website, I think they still have the info and pics there.

Comment

AND...I think Warren himself did some of the paint

Comment

IIRC the pics/text on PG's web site indicated Warren did the drips on the blood drip guitars... I've not actually ever seen one but they have a great reputation.

Comment

Performance guitars have a great reputation and they certainly aren't cheap so there's some sort of naive assumption of quality there. I had a guitar made of Performance parts and it was great...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'd watch out for the 1 5/8" nut if you haven't played one before. I can't stand 'em.

Comment

Warren was renowned for using wide nut widths, and the kit guitar I had a nut at least 1 3/4 so I don't believe that all Performance guitars are 1 5/8"
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                  Someone wants to trade me a performance Warren DiMartini for my Wolfgang. I was wondering how it compares to the Charvel version. Is it the same guitar? Any differences besides the name on the headstock? Quality? Components? Any help would be appreciated.
                  Definitely do it - those performance Warren guitars are great!

Steve
                  Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
                  My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Comment

I'm debating it a little. I use the neck pup LOT. And since it doesn't have one, I'm a little wary of the trade. I guess i could always have a single coil routed. As an alternative he also offered his ESP GL Kami, so I have a tough decision to make.

Comment

PM me - I think I might know the guy if it was the guitar that was recently on eBay. I can tell you how things went.

Comment

I had a Performance guitar back around 94. It was an 80's model, looked like a Kramer Baretta. I must say, I could kick myself in the ASS for not keeping it. It was a great guitar, very well made, quality for days, and played very smooth, and had great tone. I think it had a SD humbucker in it. I cant remember the model. Anyway, Performance guitars are great.

Comment

A pic to help out with this thread... My brother in laws 3 Charvel CS.. sold them for $5700.00 ...all 3 at once. They played great, just like
                          all USA made Charvels do!

Comment

I'll see your hand - and show you my own!!

MINE!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                              PM me - I think I might know the guy if it was the guitar that was recently on eBay. I can tell you how things went.
                              pm'd

Comment

Working...
                              X