Pointy reissues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointy reissues.

Hello. This is my first post and I really need some help. I have been looking at the pointy headstock Charvel reissues at JC guitars and was trying to get some info on them. I was told they were 2007s with Seymour Duncans. Does anyone know what kind of wood they're made of and what a good price would be. They're listed for 1700.00. Thanks in advance.

Charvs

Personally, I think the 2004-2007 pointy 're-issues' are among the very best kept secrets in the JC community.

I've spent the last couple of years snapping up at least 10 of them....and CHEAP too. I'm probably not alone. I attribute their undervaluation to the flood of strat head pro-mods.

$1700!!!! Pfffffft.....

On average I've paid around $700 for them....solid colors, some strats, some stars and all of them with Floyds and G&G cases.

At that price point....Just a tremendous value.

IMO They really capture the feel and vibe of original San Dimas Golden Era guitars -'83-86.

Most of them seem to be Alder bodies. Necks vary equally (from what I've seen) from ebony to rosewood to maple. All of them play killer and the fit & finish are just top notch...and I'm a little hard to please in that respect!
    Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 07-15-2010, 11:33 PM.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

I sold my black one hum San Dimas last year to pay for a Suhr custom order, and even though I love my new guitar..I really regret selling it.

The neck on mine was the darkest ebony I've ever seen!

Awesome guitars... find one if you can.
      www.vendetta-theband.com
      www.atomhawk.com

Comment

I played a few of these when they first came out. Honestly, I like my ProMods a lot more.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I think $1800 or so was the going price for them when they first came out. I bought my '05 black Star for $1500. That whole series was really nice... choice of ebony, rosewood or maple boards, H, H/H, H/S/S (maybe even H/S) pup configuration, and choice of V-trem or Floyd. Wish Charvel offered options like that again. It was a great guitar; though I took the Ducan Custom 5 out of it and put in a DiMarzio Tone Zone which made it sound even better. The Jazz in the neck sounded great. The neck was similar to the KV2 "speed neck" profile that Dave Mustaine loves. I traded mine to someone here for an RR1T. Even though I love the RR1T, there's times I miss the Charvel.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
            Personally, I think the 2004-2007 pointy 're-issues' are among the very best kept secrets in the JC community.

I've spent the last couple of years snapping up at least 10 of them....and CHEAP too. I'm probably not alone. I attribute their undervaluation to the flood of strat head pro-mods.

$1700!!!! Pfffffft.....

On average I've paid around $700 for them....solid colors, some strats, some stars and all of them with Floyds and G&G cases.

Motion carried, but I think the days of getting one of the basic colors for dirt cheap might be over...

I bought a few when WWG first popped up with that 'infamous first run?'. Of course a couple of years ago it all seemed to hit the skids and they were just getting given away. I bought 6 or 7 from a dealer in Wisconisn that was blowing them out and then PARTED THEM OUT (Nooooooooooooooooooo!).

Truth be told....they're were better than the MIUSA stuff that rollingout now...which I suppose will be MIJ soon enough. Three piece necks with a headstock truss nut...OFRs...regular group b,c,d graphics....Jackson headstocks...Strats and Stars, too.
            No shit and they came with cases!

I think Charvel would have done a lot better with them if they could have typically sold for around a street price of $1000.

Regardless, I'm buying them when they come up, here and there. In good shape, I'll pay a grand for a graphic and $700 for a red, white, blue or black one. They're well worth the money.

Comment

I had a red bullseye reissue pointy that was fantastic. Loved it. It's in Turkey now.

Comment

Everyone seems to regret getting shot of these guitars ho-hum ... here`s a pic of the one I let go

www.vendetta-theband.com
                www.atomhawk.com

Comment

That one at JC's is still new. They didn't blow it out when everyone else did back when they were discountinued. I would hope they would drop the price some if they got a serious buyer.

Comment

Wow, that strat style is almost exactly like the one I'm looking at now. The one in the pic looks like it had an ebony board. The one at JC's has a rosewood board but that would be cool to have one blacked out like that. I just purchased a fiesta red pro mod a couple months ago and now I have the fever. The only prescription is more Charvels. What is everyones opinion for a fair offer on a NOS reissue. I really want a pointy headstock but $1700 seems like alot for something that is essentially what I have, but man they are nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                      Everyone seems to regret getting shot of these guitars ho-hum ... here`s a pic of the one I let go
                      Wel first they were wanting good money for them....then they were everywhere....you couldn't get awway from them, like the damn production series....then they were gone. Now getting one is a chore. Damn idiot guitar market. It comes out then it dies and then every wants one on the used market so the prices go back up and then the manufacturer gets all greedy and they reissue it and flood the market and then it dies again over and over. They all do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                        I played a few of these when they first came out. Honestly, I like my ProMods a lot more.
                        something I did not know about pro-mods, they are the same! SoCal is the same as a San Dimas all besides the pick gaurd : )
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post

$1700!!!! Pfffffft.....

IMO They really capture the feel and vibe of original San Dimas Golden Era guitars -'83-86.

Most of them seem to be Alder bodies. Necks vary equally (from what I've seen) from ebony to rosewood to maple. All of them play killer and the fit & finish are just top notch...and I'm a little hard to please in that respect!
                          I agree with Hellraiser6502, these pointies are incredible guitars and in great shape used can be had for $700-800. I have two, one is black with rosewood board and one humbucker while the other is blue with 2 humbuckers and maple board. Both have Floyds. If I run across any more for good prices I'll gladly add another to my collection
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have two 2005 Stars.One with maple and one with rosewood.
                            I would love to get another maple.Single hum with a Floyd.
                            If any one has one for sale....please message me.
                            I have a custom shop King V but find the Star is the shape for me.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                              something I did not know about pro-mods, they are the same! SoCal is the same as a San Dimas all besides the pick gaurd : )
                              Uh....???
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X