Pricing question about a Charvel SD Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing question about a Charvel SD Star

So i head over to this dudes house the other day to pick up a Jackson ive never seen before.. (check the USA jackson thread for this in a bit) and he has a Charvel SD Star thats the blue with lightning bolt on it.. Pointy headstock and the case..

Whats the value of this? i cant seem to find any like it for sale other than the legacy series. but he seems to think its worth a few grand. but i figured i would let the experts (thats you Racer-X) To chime in..

And Racer. Ill need your help on my jackson too.. Anyways. i didnt take a picture but its about a 5-6/10 condition.. has finish cracks. dings, dents. been played like the country store banjo..

But i would like to make an offer on it.. but dont wanna overpay you know>>?

Ight thanks guys

Bob

So it's an old one, not one of the recent reissued ones? Any idea of the serial #? What kind of bridge? V-trem, Kahler or OFR? What fretboard wood? If it's rosewood & Kahler, it's maybe an $800 - $900 guitar, unless he finds a buyer who's nuts for the Shazam graphic. Factory floyd might get it up to $1300 or maybe a little more, less if it's converted from a v-trem. In any case, I don't think it's worth a few grand.

Comment

Ah,. didnt see a serial number. Its the maybe a birdseye. had some rich grain. better than usual maple necks and boards you see.. the trem is similer to a fender. down only, but yes its 82-83 he said..

Comment

The original v-trem & maple board should help the value. In 5 - 6/10 condition, I still think under $1500, though. He might get a little more on eBay if a couple of guys who like that graphic bid each other up or something.

Comment

Ok Dg. Thanks for the good info.. I mentioned this forum to him so hopefully he will join...

Comment

Working...
          X