Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vivian Campbell Charvel

Hey all,
    For sometime now my step-dad has owned an American Charvel that he bought from Scott Johnson, the guitar player that filled in for Vivian after he left Dio. Scott said he bought it from Vivian and that it was one of Vivian's guitars that he played on a certain tour. It is an American Charvel, neck through, 24 scale, licensed Jackson Floyd Rose bridge, Jackson tuners. The pickups are replaced with some unknown Seymour Duncans and the color of the guitar is a midnight purple. Scott lit the guitar on fire at a Dio show and the body was repainted, but the neck is still original paint. I was just wondering if anybody knows anything about Vivian playing Charvels and if this guitar really used to belong to him.

24 scale? Do you mean 24 frets?

And do you have any pictures?

(upload to www.tinypic.com, then post the code for Forums here.)

Comment

Viv played USA bolt-on Charvels up until about '85. The 24-fret neckthrough Charvels were imports introduced in '86 after USA Charvel production ceased, and the first Jackson licensed floyd was introduced in '87. It sounds like you are describing either a Model 5 (dot inlays, 2-hum) or Model 6 (sharkfin inlays, HSS layout) in Black Cherry (a metallic purplish color).

Comment

I'll put pictures up soon.

Comment

I remember his graphic Charvels, as would most anyone, but not recalling that particular one though.

Would be a cool story/find though.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

i like the charvel he plays on live at the spectrum i always thought he had the coolest guitars

Comment

I met him once in Atlanta...he was a dickhead. Cool guitars, though.
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

sounds like a model 6..
                and i doubt Viv. had one of those...or at least used it on tour

Comment

Sounds Like a MIJ Model series of some sort. Will need to see pic's of this guitar
                  CHUCK

Comment

Comment

Without pics, I can only assume your dad bought the guitar from Esteban (the guitar player that filled in on the QVC channel)

Comment

Hahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!
                        Throw down or fucking bite your own bullet.....

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1970 View Post
                          I love that axe, but what the hell is it? It has a Charvel headstock, but it doesn't look like a Model 2 body. Is it? What trem, an OFR?

Comment

USA Charvel w/ Chrome OFR.

Last edited by dg; 01-12-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I've seen that before. For some reason / picture angle with Viv holding it looks slimmer.

And that positively looks like an Invader in the bridge. I think...

Comment

Working...
                              X