No announcement yet.

Serial Number Database Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great thing to do to help curb the 1 post "what year is my Jackson/Charvel?"
    Am I missing something, or why wasn't this done earlier?
    No hate, please.

Comment

Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
      This is a great thing to do to help curb the 1 post "what year is my Jackson/Charvel?"
      Am I missing something, or why wasn't this done earlier?
      No hate, please.
      I thought the same thing 80 posts ago, that's why I took on this project. I have lurked here for years and I privately kept a database of my own, I figured 80 posts ago it was time to organize something and make it public....so here we are.

PM sent to adoxtater about a live database.
      Help build a Jackson serial number database by submitting your serial number to: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101351

The Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101353

Comment

Originally posted by kc7txm View Post
        I have so little neck pull data from your serial number range, I'm pretty certain your serial number is 2006 or 2007.

Can you do me a favor, next time you change your strings pull off your neck and post what you find in this thread?
        I´ve never done that before, but I´ll try.....all for the greater good, right?^^

Comment

Originally posted by outgone View Post
          Great idea! I thought about that, too, but I don´t have any webspace etc. available.

---> This is your chance to be rembered forever as the guy who created the almighty serial-database + other sites such as jemsite.com don´t have anything like this yet, do they?
          I will do anything I can to help. It was just something that popped into my head when I saw this thread. Not meaning to derail the original idea or anything because he's doing a GREAT thing in my opinion. Just figured I'd help in some way if I could

PM sent to adoxtater about a live database.
          Got it! I will hit you back shortly
          - Adam

Comment

Can you give me any more information on the Jackson KE3? It has an 8 digit MII serial number but the KE3 was not made in India in 1999 (and I believe there were no Kelly style guitars built in India in 1999).
            Yes, there were, KX10 or KX10D comes to mind...
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              I didn't see the KX10 or KX10 Pro (KX10D later on) in the catalogs until 2000.
              Help build a Jackson serial number database by submitting your serial number to: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101351

The Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101353

Comment

Did either of these have sharkies??
                "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I didn't see the KX10 or KX10 Pro (KX10D later on) in the catalogs until 2000.
                  That's fine. Catalog years are not a super accurate way of determining model years, as you're probably finding out.

IIRC there was a GC line from this era also that was MII.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Catalog years are not a super accurate way of determining model years, as you're probably finding out.
                    And there were some models that were never in a Jackson catalog. I don't think the Kelly XLR was, and neither was my '94 Dinky HX. Though, the HX was featured in a Venneman's Music Emporium newspaper/catalog flyer from where I bought it.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here are my guitars:

Jackson KV3 Jenna Jameson - JJ69378 - Made in Japan
                      Jackson RR24 Black with yellow bevels, reverse sharkies and aged binding. The so-called limited edition - 063414 - Made in Japan

Comment

DK2 Pavo Purple (Duncan Designed, satin chrome hardware) 9643588

DXMG (black, MIJ) 9724104

DK2M (2008, black) 9788782
                        Just a guitar player...

Comment

KVX10 Bought Dec 2007 CBS finish

DXMG Bought Oct 2009 GMG

I had a PS4 and can still get the # from it, soon.
                          I'm searching for pics of a Concept JRR too.

If you're doing MIJ Charvel-
                          Black Model 1 from '87 (IIRC TM on the plate/R on the head is '87)
                          has a recessed OFR mod
                          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

X-series black Kelly 2 Humb Volume and 3 way switch. 00074073 on the neckplate.

Comment

DK2
                              Serial: 9628914
                              Neck pocket date stamp: 1999. 1. 22.

Comment

RR3 White with black pinstripes (Limited edition?): 9790966

... Yes, i'm absolutley sure that it's a RR3, not a RR5FR. Black headstock, Jackson Jt580 LP.

Comment

Working...
                                X